The most common mistakes are easy to avoid however many startups continue to fall prey, with the impact including large re-design costs, delays in new feature releases, lower staff productivity and less then ideal ROI. All growing and successful sites need to achieve higher Availability, seamless Scalability and proven Resilience. Know the right MySQL environment to provide a suitable architecture and application design to support these essential needs.
- The different types of accessible data (e.g. R/W, R, none)
- What limits MySQL availability (e.g software upgrades, blocking statements, locking etc)
- The three components of scalability – Read Scalability/Write Scalability/Caching
- Design practices for increasing scalability and not physical resources
- Disaster is inevitable. Having a tested and functional failover strategy
- When other products are better (e.g. Static files, Session management via Key/Value store)
- What a lack of accurate monitoring causes
- What a lack of breakability testing causes
- What does “No Downtime” mean to your organization
- Implementing a successful “failed whale” approach with pre-emptive analysis
- Identifying when MySQL is not your bottleneck
Presenter: Ronald Bradford
Schedule: IOUG Collaborate 11 – Orlando, Florida. OTN LA Tour – South America. Surge Scalability 2010 – Baltimore, Maryland.