The first book of the Effective MySQL series provides the reader with the tools, knowledge and tips necessary for optimizing SQL Statements in MySQL.
Written by Oracle ACE Director and MySQL expert Ronald Bradford, Effective MySQL: Optimizing SQL Statements is filled with detailed explanations and practical examples that can be applied immediately to improve database and application performances. Featuring a step-by-step approach to SQL optimization, this Oracle Press book helps you to analyze and tune problematic SQL statements.
- Identify the essential analysis commands for gathering and diagnosing issues
- Learn how different index theories are applied and represented in MySQL
- Plan and execute informed SQL optimizations
- Create MySQL indexes to improve query performance
- much more…
- The Five Minute DBA – Code Examples – Download Sample Chapter (PDF)
- The Essential Analysis Commands – Code Examples
- Understanding MySQL Indexes – Code Examples
- Creating Indexes – Code Examples
- Creating Better Indexes – Code Examples
- MySQL Configuration Options – Code Examples
- The SQL Lifecycle – Code Examples
- Hidden Performance Tips – Code Examples
- Explaining the MySQL Explain – Code Examples
This title is available in print, and ebook formats from these retailers.
Get the Code
In addition to the individual chapter links provided above you can download all SQL examples via github with the following command.
$ git clone git://github.com/effectiveMySQL/OptimizingSQLStatements.git
See other titles in our series including:
- Effective MySQL: Backup and Recovery
- Effective MySQL: Advanced Replication Techniques
You may also like these related presentations: