This O’Reilly publication is one of the more popular titles for MySQL resources.
The original version was written by Jeremy Zawodny and Derek Balling in 2004. The current second edition is a greatly enhanced version written by Baron Schwartz, Peter Zaitsev, Vadim Tkachenko from Percona.
Table of Contents
- MySQL Architecture
- Finding Bottlenecks: Benchmarking and Proﬁling
- Schema Optimization and Indexing
- Query Performance Optimization
- Advanced MySQL Features
- Optimizing Server Settings
- Operating System and Hardware Optimization
- Scaling and High Availability
- Application-Level Optimization
- Backup and Recovery
- MySQL Server Status
- Tools for High Performance