Learn how to use one simple advanced technique to make better MySQL indexes and improve your queries by 500% or more. Even with a highly indexed schema significant improvements in performance can be achieved by creating better indexes.
This presentation introduces the approach for correct identification and verification of problem SQL statements and then describes the means of identifying index choices for optimization. Then discussed is not only how to apply indexes to improve query performance, but how to apply better indexes and provide even greater performance gains.
This presentation includes:
- 6 steps to successful SQL review
- Effective examples of capture SQL via application logging and TCP/IP analysis
- All the commands necessary to identify why and how to create indexes
- How the number of table rows and different storage engines can effect query performance
- How to create an iterative verification process
Presenter: Ronald Bradford